Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mexican Pizza

I'm sure there are lots of variations on this but Mexican pizza was on the menu for lunch today.  I had some pizza dough in the freezer which I pulled out last night.  I thought it was regular dough but nope, it was cornmeal dough.  No problem, we always seem to have shredded cheddar around and salsa so Mexican pizza it was.  Easy as pie!  Now that I think about it, I think the dough was leftover from making Taco Pizzas one night.  I'll have to find that recipe and post it as well.

Mexican Pizza

cornmeal pizza dough
salsa (spicy or not, your choice)
shredded cheddar
black beans, about 1/2 can

Preheat the oven to 425* and roll out the pizza dough.  I use a pizza stone for our pizzas.  Bake the crust about 10 minutes.  Pull it out and top with salsa, the black beans, and a couple of good handfuls of cheese.  Bake about 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.


And good news!  I found the recipe for the Cheddar, Maple, and Apple Pie I mentioned.  Very excited!  We'll be trying it out this weekend since it's supposed to be nice and fall like and will let you know how we like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment