Sunday, September 18, 2011

Easy summer to fall meal

We had an easy dinner today; it being Sunday it was at lunchtime but it was dinner.  Later it'll be "get whatever you can find" to eat for supper, cereal or soup or sandwiches.  This was a season transition meal as well.  We had grilled flank steak, mashed potatoes, and spinach.  This meal was about as easy as can be.  For the flank steak, I marinated it in McCormick's Meat Marinade, then cooked it on the grill to medium-rare.  Slice flank steak against the grain.  Sweet Pea peeled and diced the potatoes and got them started while I was working on the meat.  When done, the potatoes were mashed with milk and butter, a sprinkle of salt and pepper.  The spinach was frozen, chopped spinach, cooked in the microwave with a little butter and shredded Parmesan cheese.  I'm making apple something for dessert, maybe apple cake, if I can find the recipe.  It's one from Mom so I know it's around here somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment