Friday, September 30, 2011

Hit or Miss, Mostly Miss

So the last couple of days of trying some new recipes were rather hit or miss.  The Korean Rice Bowl was a hit with Sweet Pea and I, Rosie Jane said it was not bad (hopefully that means she'll eat it again) and of course Bob thought it was too spicy.  I think I'll make it again, but for lunch when Bob's not here.  That recipe came from Family Circle magazine in an article about 10 things to do with ground beef.  I'll be trying a few of the others as well soon.  We also tried breakfast burritos from one of Ellie Kreiger's cookbooks.  Again, Sweet Pea and I thought they were really good and filling, something to make again, Rosie Jane took a pass that morning, and Bob...too spicy (he doesn't do salsa, even the mild kind).

Yesterday since we were going to be gone all day and come home needing a quick dinner before having to head out to drop Rosie Jane at dance, I had dinner cooking in the crockpot.  I found a recipe on Better Homes & Gardens website and thought I'd try it; worked out even better since Giant had the country ribs that I needed on sale.  I think this one was pretty much a bust on all sides.  It was Ale-Sauced Pork Ribs and Vegetables.  I didn't think the "sauce" turned out very well, it really lacked flavor, but I thought the ribs and veggies were fine.  Sweet Pea and Bob wanted BBQ sauce on the ribs, Rosie Jane doesn't really like veggies cooked in the crockpot with other stuff (now she tells me!).  The dog did enjoy her portion, I gave her what Rosie Jane had left on her plate.

I'll post the Korean Rice Bowl recipe later, it's one I don't want to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment