Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Apple Cake

Just for the record, I'm getting a little tired of sweet apple things.  I'm going to have to find some savory dishes, like pork chops and apples. 

I made this the other night, it's yummy and easy.  It could either be a dessert cake, good after dinner or with tea in the afternoon, or coffee cake in the morning for breakfast.  I got the recipe from my mom.

Apple Cake

1 3/4 c. sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 c. oil
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
4 c. chopped apples
1 c. chopped walnuts

Beat sugar and eggs together.  Add oil and vanilla.  Add dry ingredients and combine with creamed mixture.  Add nuts and apples.  Sprinkle with the topping: 1/2 c. brown sugar, 2 Tbsp. butter, and 2 Tbsp. flour, mix until crumbly.

Bake at 375* for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment