Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chicken Quesadillas

We had some chicken breasts leftover from a cookout we had Saturday night. I thought we had two but Bob had one for lunch yesterday and I didn't realize it so I only had one left. It was suggested that I make chicken quesadillas so I did a bit of looking online and found a good recipe that I tweaked and was told was a keeper. The only thing I might do differently if I wasn't using leftover chicken (that had been marinated) is to add some fajita seasoning to the skillet when cooking the veggies to give it more spice.

Chicken Quesadillas
serves 4

1 chicken breast, cooked and diced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small - medium green pepper, chopped
3/4 c corn (frozen is fine, just throw it in as is)
shredded cheddar cheese
large tortillas

Cook the onion and green pepper in a skillet coated with oil to soften. Add the chicken (if desired, add fajita seasoning now) and corn, cook until both are warm.

On a tortilla, put about one quarter the chicken mixture on half the tortilla and sprinkle on some cheese (maybe a couple of tablespoons, I didn't measure) and fold the tortilla in half. Heat some oil in a large skillet and add the quesadilla. Cook on the first side until crispy, flip and cook on second side until the cheese is melted.

Slice and serve with sour cream and/or salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment