Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Egg Roll Stir-fry

This is basically the insides of an egg roll as a stir fry. I found this recipe browsing pinterest one day and it looked good. Turns out, it is and it was easy enough for Sweet Pea to make it for dinner last Wednesday. Did I mention that I have the girls taking turns on Wednesday nights fixing dinner? They have to plan the menu, let me know what they need, and cook. I need to start having them help with the cleanup as well. Still a work in progress! Anyway, this is from the blog Once a Mom, Always a Cook. I modified it a bit and clarified the directions some for my beginning cook.

Egg Roll Stir-fry
serves 6

1 lb ground beef
1/2 head cabbage
3 medium carrots
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 heaping tsp fresh grated ginger
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3 Tbsp sesame or vegetable oil
4-5 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper

Shred the cabbage (large shred is fine) into a large mixing bowl. Shred the carrots using a peeler; toss with the cabbage. Brown the ground beef in a large wok with the onion and minced garlic. Add the cabbage and carrots mixture, ginger, garlic powder, oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and pepper. Toss to mix with tongs; cover and cook over medium heat until the cabbage wilts, tossing occasionally with tongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment