Sunday, May 27, 2012

Macaroni Salad

I can't believe that I haven't posted this recipe before since it's one of my staple summertime recipes. It goes great with anything cooked on the grill. I got this one from my mom (who always makes it as well).

Macaroni Salad

1-16 oz. box of macaroni or other shaped pasta
2 tomatoes, diced
2 stalks of celery, diced
mayonnaise
salt and sugar
celery seed

Cook the macaroni according to the package directions. When done, drain and rise in cold water to cool off. Add a couple of large spoonfuls of mayonnaise, a good shake of salt, about 2 tsp. sugar, and a couple of good shakes of celery seed. Put in the refrigerator to cool. Just before serving, add the celery and tomatoes. Mix those in and add more mayonnaise, if needed.

Easy to double for a large crowd or cut in half if you need less.

No comments:

Post a Comment