Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chinese Barbecued Pork Ribs

As usual, I had no plan for dinner tonight. That is until I was getting my hair cut. I remembered that I had seen some boneless pork ribs that I had frozen and thought that making Chinese ribs sounded good. I could serve it with fried rice, an easy, quick dinner. So I got home and perused through my Chinese cookbooks (yes, I've got a couple of those) and found an easy recipe. This is modified from A Wok For All Seasons by Martin Yan.

Chinese Barbecued Pork Ribs
serves 4

2 lbs pork spareribs or boneless country ribs
1/4 c soy sauce
3 Tbsp dry sherry
2 1/2 Tbsp ketchup
2 1/2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp minced fresh ginger
1/2 tsp Chinese five-spice
1/4 tsp salt

Trim and discard excess fat from ribs. Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add ribs, turning to coat sides. Let stand for 30 minutes or cover and refrigerate overnight.

Preheat oven to 350*. Remove ribs from marinade; reserve marinade. Place ribs on a rack in a foil-lined pan (or do as I did and put them on a stoneware bar pan). Bake in oven for 30 minutes; turn meat over, baste with reserved marinade, and continue to bake for 25 minutes or until meat is tender.

1 comment: