Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pot Roast

It's been a busy week, but I've been able to get the dinner on the table in good time most nights since I had a plan.  I had to shift things around a bit because I forgot to get the pot roast out of the freezer in time to make it but it worked just as well the night I did make it.  I had the plan, just forgot the details like taking the meat out of the freezer.  I have two different ways that I make it and I'll post both here.

Pot Roast #1

3-4 lb pot roast
2 medium onions, sliced
1 28-oz can of crushed tomatoes
salt & pepper

Put the sliced onions on the bottom of the crockpot and place the meat on top.  Season with salt and pepper.  Pour the crushed tomatoes over top.  Cook on low 8 hours.  Serve with noodles on the side and put the tomato/onion on top of everything.

Pot Roast #2

3-4 lb pot roast
4 potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks
2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
1 onion, sliced
1 package of onion soup mix
water

Put the vegetables on the bottom of the crockpot and put the meat on top.  Dump the soup mix on top and add 1-2 cups of water.  Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment