Friday, November 11, 2011

Chili-Mac Soup

Just getting back from vacation, I had no plan for dinner, no groceries really either so today I spent a bit of time menu planning for the next few days and getting my grocery list ready.  I also quickly flipped through a few of the blogs that I follow and that's where I found this recipe.  I had been thinking about chili for tonight so this Chili-Mac Soup sounded perfect!

Chili-Mac Soup
modified from Kathie Cooks

1 lb. ground beef
1/4 c. chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can black beans, drained
1 can sweet corn, drained
3 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can tomato soup (I used Campbell's condensed)
1 can chopped green chili
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 carton beef broth
1/2 box of macaroni, cooked and drained
Toppings:  shredded cheddar cheese, Fritos

Cook the macaroni according to the package and drain.  In a skillet brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic.  When both of these are done, put everything into a large soup pot, stir and cook to boiling.  Top each serving with some shredded cheddar cheese and Fritos.

No comments:

Post a Comment