Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sweet Potatoes

Last night's dinner almost falls into the category of epic fail and I was looking forward to it, too!  It was spicy pasta with sweet potatoes and I saved it for last night because it was supposed to just be Rosie Jane and me home for dinner.  As it turned out the other two were home as well and Bob doesn't like spicy and Sweet Pea doesn't like sweet potatoes.  They ended up with leftovers as I still made this.  The spicy pasta part just didn't taste that great.  I don't like peanut butter and the pasta had a peanut butter/cream cheese/Sriracha/soy sauce sauce.  I figured I'd give it a try since overall it sounded good but the sauce was too creamy, I think.  Neither one of us really liked it.  On the other hand, the sweet potatoes were good.  We decided that we'd try them again, maybe as sweet potato fries or even like this again.

Sweet Potatoes

1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes or sticks
1/2 tsp each sugar, chili powder, and cinnamon
1 Tbsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 450*.  oil a rimmed baking pan; set aside.  Place sweet potato cubes in a bowl.  Toss with the other ingredients.  Spread in prepared pan; bake 20 minutes or until tender.  May need longer or shorter if you do something besides the cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment