Friday, January 27, 2012

Beer Burgers

We have been SO busy recently! I haven't been cooking much but when I have, I've been throwing stuff together mostly from what I have at the house. I haven't really had time to do a good grocery store run. We'll survive until March when things slow down.

Tonight is beer burgers and steak fries.  I got this recipe from my brother who made it one time when we were visiting.  Sweet Pea really liked it when we were out there so I had to get it from him

Beer burger sliders
Beer Burgers
serves 4

1 lb hamburger
1/2 c ketchup
1/2 c good beer
2 Tbsp vinegar
2 Tbsp sugar (either brown or white)
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
French bread slices

Brown the hamburgers on both sides.  Mix the rest of the ingredients except the French bread together for the sauce.  Pour the sauce over the burgers.  Simmer until the hamburgers are done as you like them.  Slice the French bread and toast, put a burger on top and pour the sauce over.

I don't usually do the French bread (I don't like soggy bread) but the burgers are good on the bread or just plain.

Updated 10/7/13.


1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness. this sounds so good! sharing this one with JH for sure :) hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete