Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ham, Potatoes, and Asparagus

I hadn't planned on posting tonight, but I just had to share our fabulous, super easy dinner that we had tonight. I baked a ham last week when my family was over for Christmas.  There was plenty of leftovers and I used a bit more tonight.  I took a hunk of the ham and cubed it.  For the four of us, I had six small red potatoes and cut them into cubes as well.  I was wandering the veggie section of Harris Teeter, thinking broccoli but they didn't look very good and I saw the asparagus.  We love asparagus here!  Perfect.  Grabbed a bunch of asparagus.  After they were washed and the woody ends broken off, I cut them in half.  Put the ham, potatoes, and asparagus onto a rimmed baking sheet, toss with a bit of olive oil and pepper.  Cook at 425* for about 25 minutes.  You want the potatoes to get soft, but you don't want the asparagus to get too overdone.  I served it with pumpernickel bread and it was all delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment