Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Crunchy Oat & Cranberry Muffins

Yes, more cranberries!!  I made these muffins because I like them.  Bob wasn't home by the time I made breakfast this morning, Sweet Pea doesn't like cranberries (otherwise I think she'd like these muffins), and Rosie Jane doesn't like oats in her muffins.  I got this off the web a long time ago but haven't made them recently; I had just the right amount of cranberries leftover from making something else so it worked out perfectly (except that I'm the only one eating them).

Crunchy Oat & Cranberry Muffins
makes 12 muffins

3/4 c flour
3/4 whole wheat flour
1 c regular oatmeal
1/2 c brown sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 c fresh or frozen cranberries
1/4 c butter
1 c milk (room temp)
1 egg

Heat oven to 425*.  Butter muffin cups.  In a bowl combine dry ingredients and blend well.  Toss the cranberries with 1 Tbsp. of dry ingredients and set aside.

Melt butter.  Off heat stir in milk and egg.  Stir butter mixture into dry ingredients and, when well mixed, stir in cranberries.  Put into muffin pan.  Bake 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned.  Let stand 5 minutes before removing from pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment