Sunday, August 28, 2011

More recipes to try

So in trying to find something to occupy my time with yesterday while the hurricane rained and blew outside, I decided to read through some magazines that I hadn't gotten to yet.  Much more fun then the cleaning I should have been doing.  The end result is that I need to cook more!  I now have a new pile of recipes to try.  Then I was reading one of my new cookbooks by Ellie Krieger that I got at Border's last week  We found some great breakfast things that Sweet Pea was interested in trying.  I'm happy about that since she doesn't really like most breakfast foods, no cold cereal, no eggs, no berries or melons; makes it hard to make sure she eats before school. So we're looking forward to trying some of those.  Besides finding some great breakfast recipes, I also found some for lunch as well.  And I have her other cookbook to re-look through...and Rosie Jane and I watched two Food Network shows today that we recorded and found some more things we wanted to try.  Now I just have to remember all these great sounding recipes and get them on the menu!

Today being Sunday, we ate dinner early.  We usually eat dinner at 1 or 2 on Sundays then have a light supper later.  It just makes it easier and we can all eat together for one meal on Sundays since the rest of the gang is so busy and doesn't always have the same schedule.  They all head back to church for youth group or Venture Crew mid-afternoon and after the chit-chatting when they're finished, it's pretty late for a big meal when they get back.  So big meal in the middle of the afternoon and supper (whatever anyone can find/feels like eating) later after youth or whatever they're doing.  Today's meal was pretty easy, ham steak, zucchini (slice in half longways, sprinkle on some olive oil, salt and pepper, shredded Parm, bake at 400* for about 20 min), and cheesy-broccoli rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment