Thursday, June 21, 2012

Italian Sausage and Vegetables

I wanted to make chicken salad today since it was so hot out. After rummaging around in the freezer, I have no boneless chicken. Not sure how that happened! Instead, I found some Italian sausage. I had a zucchini left from the last trip to the farmer's market and some mushrooms leftover from something I made the other day. I threw it all together with some other things I had around and it made a wonderful, easy dinner with lots of good flavors.

Italian Sausage and Vegetables
serves 4

4 Italian sausage links, casing removed
4 oz. mushrooms
1 zucchini
1 onion
1 red bell pepper
Italian seasoning
salt and pepper
Parmesan cheese 

Cut all the vegetables into similar sized chunky dice. In a large skillet cook the sausage, breaking it up into smallish pieces. When it's mostly cooked add all the veggies. You may need to add a bit of oil. Stir to mix and cook for about 10 minutes until the sausage is cooked through and the veggies are softened, with some browned parts. Season with about 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Serve with shredded Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment