Friday, October 21, 2011

Turkey loaf

Turkey loaf, you say?  Yes, and I make it much more often than meatloaf.  It's similar but different. I think I've only made meatloaf once or twice and I had to call my mom to find out how.  I just like turkey loaf better.  Tonight I'm going to try turkey loaf muffins.  Rosie Jane said that a friend from church was talking about his mom's meatloaf muffins last week and she wanted to try them.  So I'll make the turkey loaf and cook it in my muffin pan and see how it goes.  We're going to "frost" them with mashed potatoes and sprinkle peas on top, asparagus on the side.  It's a perfect day for a dish like this.

Turkey Loaf

1 pkg ground turkey (the ones I get are 20.8oz)
1/2 onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 egg
1/4 c bread crumbs
1/2 c mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste

Mix everything together.  Cook in a loaf pan or 8x8 size pan at 350* for about 45 minutes.  Or chill and make into patties, roll in bread crumbs and broil.

This made 12 muffins if you want to try that.  Cook at 350* for 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment