Thursday, October 13, 2011

Brownies

I very rarely make brownies from a box these days.  I have a recipe from a cookbook that I usually use that makes brownies that are fine, nothing special.  These taste just like Betty Crocker brownies and I'm not sure why I don't make them more often (except that I'd eat too many of them!!).  I don't remember where I got this recipe from, I think someone on the Sonlight forums a while back.

Brownies

Mix together:  1 2/3 c sugar, 1 1/2 sticks butter, melted, and 2 Tbsp water

Add:  2 eggs, beaten and 2 tsp vanilla

Mix separately: 1 1/3 c flour, 3/4 c cocoa, 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1/4 tsp. salt

Mix the wet and dry together.  Add around 1 c chocolate chips or walnuts (if you want them).  Pour into a greased 13x9 dish.  Bake at 350* for 18-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment