Thursday, December 3, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

We had a good but busy Thanksgiving this year. Whitney was home from college and we all went down to our house at Massanutten with my mom joining us. After enjoying our feast there, on Saturday we went to Pennsylvania to hang out at my dad's with my brother, sister, and their families. It's been a while since I made Thanksgiving dinner since we usually go to my dad's. The last time was a few years ago when Whitney's birthday fell on Thanksgiving and we had a huge crowd here. It was Whitney's birthday again on Thanksgiving and instead of cake as one of the desserts I made her apple crisp. She's missed my home cooking while she's been at college. She says the food is mostly ok but not great.

Our feast included a turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top, roasted sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts with bacon, cranberry sauce, cranberry orange relish, and for dessert we had apple crisp, pumpkin pie, and cranberry pie. It was all so good!

our perfectly cooked turkey

the feast


my apron, made by Sarah

my plate of yum

No comments:

Post a Comment