Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Coconut Lime Chicken Soup

Oh. My. Gosh. This soup was so fabulous! I had some leftover coconut milk that I needed to use (most of a can) and I found this on my soups pinterest board. I figured I'd give it a try since it was supposed to be cooler today (it was, but it was still very humid) and since I wasn't sure how the rest of the family would like it, I made it while they were gone. This is a super easy recipe and very flavorful.

Coconut Lime Chicken Soup
serves 6

3 Tbsp butter
1 or 2 small carrots shredded
Thai seasoning:
    1/2  tsp curry powder
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp ginger
    1/4 tsp chili powder
    1/4 tsp paprika
    1/4 tsp salt
3 c chicken broth
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 15oz can unsweetened coconut milk
1 2-2 1/2 lb deli roasted chicken, shredded
1 c cooked long grain rice
juice of 1 lime
1 Tbsp soy sauce
optional garnish: extra cilantro and lime wedges

Add the butter, carrots, and Thai seasoning to a large pot, cooking over medium-high heat until carrots are softened.

In a blender, combine the chicken broth and cilantro, pulse a few times then pour contents into pot.

Add the rest of the ingredients, bring to a low boil, then remove from heat. Serve with extra cilantro and lime wedges.

slightly modified from Favorite Family Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment