Thursday, November 29, 2012

Golden Apple Pork Chops

I searched all over for this recipe tonight before finally finding it in my recipe box! It was in the local grocery store sales flyer a year or so ago and my mom made it for the girls when they were spending the night. They really liked it so I made it once or twice and they've been asking for it again. I was all set to make it tonight but couldn't find the recipe, partly because I thought it was one from the newspaper so I was looking for a different kind of clipping but also because I had copied it and put it in my recipe box.

It's the perfect blend of pork chops, apples, and apple cider.

Golden Apple Pork Chops
serves 4

4 boneless pork chops
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp oil
2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, sliced thin
2/3 c apple cider or juice
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cornstarch

Trim fat from pork chops. Season with salt, pepper, and thyme. Heat oil on med-high in a large skillet. Brown chops on both sides. Reduce heat to medium and add apples, 1/2 c cider and brown sugar. Cook 3-4 minutes. Meanwhile, mix remaining cider with the cornstarch. Remove chops and apples and keep warm. Whip cornstarch mixture into pan juices, cook and stir until thickened. Spoon over chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment