Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter

Easter is still a few days away but we have good food on the menu.

Right now I'm making hot cross buns for tomorrow's breakfast. I didn't know until a couple of years ago that they were traditionally served on Good Friday. We always had them on Easter but this year, they'll be served on Good Friday. At one point, I had a really good recipe for them that included dried apricots instead of raisins and apricot juice in the frosting. Right now I can't find it so I'm using the Pioneer Woman's recipe.

Not sure what we'll do for Easter breakfast. Bob and Rosie Jane are going to the sunrise service at 6:00 but will be home to eat and change. I'll probably do eggs of some sort. Dinner is the meal that we're all looking forward to eating! I'm making the grilled lamb chops that we had at Disney and loved. To go along with those, we'll have grilled asparagus wrapped in bacon and roasted potatoes. I've been thinking of making a daffodil cake or some other white, spring-y cake. I'd love to do something with strawberries but Sweet Pea doesn't like them and I want everyone to enjoy Sunday's dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment