Monday, December 12, 2016

Stuffed Peppers

This is my cousins recipe and it's so good! I haven't made stuffed peppers in quite a while. They were calling my name tonight though so I went looking for the recipe. I could have sworn I posted it but apparently not; at least I knew where to find it. I'll warn you, either get 8 peppers to serve 8 or use half the stuffing mixture and save half for another time. Enjoy!

Stuffed Peppers
serves 4 (or 8)

4 green peppers, halved
1 cup rice, cooked
1 lb Italian sausage
1 lb hamburger
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 medium onion, diced
14 oz can diced tomatoes
8 oz can tomato sauce
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt & pepper to taste
3/4 c Parmesan cheese
mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375*. Boil the peppers for 4 minutes, drain and put in a 9x13 dish.

Meanwhile in a large skillet brown teh Italian sausage and hamburger with the Worcestershire sauce. Add in the diced onion and saute until the onion turns translucent. Mix in tomatoes, tomato sauce, and season with basil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Simmer over medium heat for 8 minutes. Stir in rice and Parmesan cheese.

Add mixture to each of the peppers and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, let sit for 5 minutes, then serve.

Ever so slightly modified from Fab Fatale.

No comments:

Post a Comment